15 March 2010

Day 44: The PIN

So I am once again solo in my 'group' classes; there are only six students in the entire school. On a personal note, I graduated (without pomp) to Libro 5. Everything academic went really well today, I enjoyed myself despite the fact that my voice sounded like some monster. I had tea and I had minimal pain, but either my throat was irritated or I started a new phase of puberty.

After lunch my new Visa card arrived from the U.S. after a priority shipping from Ohio. I was super happy as I opened the envelope and saw the card, but my innocent bliss quickly was smashed to smithereens when I read the fine print saying I had to call in for a PIN. The very nice robot lady on the phone told me in monotone that I would be receiving my new PIN in approximately 7-10 days. I have no idea where this PIN will be sent (United States, Argentina, Land of Oz), but I was able to surmise that I would not be getting access to my money any time soon.

I called my darling Mummy (what better way to solve all of life's problems), who was at a family reunion that I missing out on in Arizona, and explained the situation. We talked about possibilities and have decided that she will transfer me some money through Western Union. Hopefully this monetary transaction will be sin complications. We also exchanged pleasantries and conversed a little.

Luckily, the tour group said that I can pay the other half of my dues for the Mendoza trip any time this week, so I did not lose my deposit or my seat on the trip. Silver lining.

Luke is back from his trip; he told me where he went, but I promptly forgot and he did not know where it was geographically in relation to Buenos Aires. He was at the beach, had great weather and got sunburned on the last day there, of course.

Speaking of weather, today was in the mid 60s Fahrenheit and very fresh. I loved it. It is not supposed to get too much warmer the next couple of days. Muuuuy bien.

Well, I have finished my Subjunctive, not subjective, homework and I have a terrible Spanish joke to share with you guys after this brief explanatory note: Every day (without fail) Marcelo receives a chiste at between 1.15 and 1.30p. Today's was almost funny.

¿Cómo se dice 'sastre' en japones?
How do you say 'tailor' en Japanese?

Yokoso Tusako
This translates directly to Isew Yourcoat

Hope you laughed, smiled, raised your eyebrows, felt a positive emotion...

Chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment