27 February 2010

Day 27: The Double Match

I am sorry this did not get posted last night, but I could not find internet connection.

Classes were nice, nothing out of the ordinary. I found a little kiosk near the school where I can buy crackers which are a great snack during the school day. They have essentially no glycemic index and therefore no sugar high or crash.

After the school day ended, I hung around talking with Paula and Flor in the office. I had no where that I needed to be, and it is nice talking with them because we can use Spanish and English fluidly; any questions I have they can answer, and occasionally vice versa. We made plans to go out on Saturday night in Palermo Hollywood (the name is definitely intriguing, no?). Paula was creating homemade version of Taboo, which I am very excited to play, I love the English version.

In the evening there was a soccer game between Boca and Estudiantes.  Estudiantes is a much younger team, but they held their own and managed to score a goal during the final minutes of the second half tying the score at 1:1. It was quite exciting. The game started at 9.15p and at 10.00 on a different channel was a professional Argentinean men's volleyball game. So during the soccer game's half-time, I watched the volleyball match. Some of the players were 20 years old! I cannot imagine being 20 and on a professional athletics team. Well, I flipped back and forth between games. The volleyball match was between Boca (as well) and Dean Bolivar, the later won in 4 sets. It made me want to play super badly.

Well, it was a fairy low-key Friday night, Luke went out with some friends from his program, and invited me, but I opted sleep over socializing.

Short post for Friday, but it was a simple day.

Chao.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dylan:

    Are you o.k.? Did you feel the earthquake?

    Concerned,

    Uncle John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fine, no problems here. Thanks for asking though.

    ReplyDelete