20 February 2010

Day 20: The Poly-Farewell

I am still lacking in internet, but I have decided to continue my blog on Word and just post whatever I can when I get access to the Web. I just posted my entry for the last few nights as well.

School today was great, partly due to the fact that I had lots of energy (after sleeping loads), and everything seemed to work out really well. I had 3 facturas with breakfast, which gave me a happy start to the morning, the subway ride was not too crowded, and I got to school with 10 minutes to spare.

It was my last day with all of my classmates because Andy is starting his work practical (he will still be in Buenos Aires for a bit, just not at the school), Ruth and her husband are off around the country, and Peter is going home, if he is not delayed by the Luftstanze strike. He is standby, and so he is hoping to be able to fly out on Sunday. Never fear, I have sad photos of them all. Ruth and Peter refused to adapt a sad face, but I got what I could.




This afternoon essentially when I finished my private lesson it started raining. It was not hard at first, but when I exited the subway station, it was really coming down. A little while later I got to see in the daylight what I had missed while sleeping a couple nights before. The streets outside flooded up to waist height. Cars and motorbikes left wakes and people waded from street to street. Shop owners congregated at their doorways to slow/prevent the water entering their buildings. I took lots of pictures and a video. Although it was dramatic, it was not as extreme as earlier this week, after a while the flooding subsided without cutting off light or water to our building. Although there was a fair amount of trash in the streets, the drainage systems worked well. Other neighborhoods and regions were not so lucky.




This evening, Betty and I ate some delicious leftovers, meat with rice and a rich red sauce and a carrot and cheese salad. Very yummy, especially when accompanied with Olympic competition: skeleton, ice dancing, luge, and curling at which Betty and I had a good laugh.

We are both super tired after this week, so we plan to sleep straight until Sunday, when I plan on attending another fĂștbol game at River Stadium with Andy. It is supposed to rain a lot tomorrow, for a change, so I think it will be a relatively uneventful day. Of course now that I have jinxed it, something incredible will happen. Good.

Chao.

No comments:

Post a Comment